This one comes from Better Homes and Garden with a slight twist.
2 cups all-purpose flour OR gluten free multi-purpose
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I always use a little extra)
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (5 medium)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil or melted butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped pecans
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Grease bottom of 1/2 inch up the side of one 9 x 5 x 3 inch or two 7 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 2 inch loaf pan.
– It says to mix the dry stuff together then the liquid. I always just mix everything together at once.
– Spoon batter into prepared pan(s).
– Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes depending on pan size (bigger means longer time). The best method is to stick a wooden toothpick into the center, if it comes out clean your good, if not cook longer.
– Cool pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store the night before for best slicing. I usually have a hot piece right away, delicious!
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pork