I can’t think of a better way to start my morning then with a Blue ‘N Blackberry Muffin. I wouldn’t recommend eating this delicious muffin every morning, but every now and then a little treat is okay. I used my staple cookbook (aka Better Homes and Gardens), with some slight modifications.
1 3/4 cups gluten free flour (King Arthur is what I used)
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup real butter
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberry /blackberry mix and, if desired,
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel into batter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy) and then fold in berry mixture.
- Spoon batter (use an ice cream scoop, this is a secret that I learned from my Mom) into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
Yields: 12 muffins
- Golden Cauliflower Soup
- Indian-Spiced Chicken with Tomato and Cream