I have two deviled egg recipes that I really like, one is from Nom Nom Paleo, and the other Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook….both are pretty delicious!
Nom Nom Paleo
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, ground
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise, carefully pop out the yolks from each egg. Set aside the egg whites.
- Toss the yolk and mayonnaise in a mini food processor or bowl. Add the scallions, mustard, white vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Scoop or use wax paper / cake decoration end to fill each egg white with the yolk mixture. Be sure to fill it full.
- Sprinkle with paprika
Yields: 24 servings
Better Homes and Gardens
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Paprika or parsley sprigs (optional)
- Halve hard-cooked eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set whites aside.
- Place yolks in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar; mix well.
- If desired, season with salt and black pepper. Stuff egg white halves with yolk mixture. Cover and chill until serving time (up to 24 hours). If desired, garnish with paprika or parsley.
Yields: 12 servings
- Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- Hoisin Sauce