– 1 (5-7 pound) boneless pork shoulder (butt)
– 8 small garlic cloves
– 1/4 Cup kosher salt
– 1/4 Cup Olive Oil (Yes, quality does matter)
– Two handfuls of fresh sage, which is about to tablespoons (rosemary will work too, but sage tastes really good)
– 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
1.) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees roast.
2.) If the roast is not trimmed, cut away the skin leaving about 1/4 inch layer of fat.
3.) Using a chopper or a mezzaluna – mix the garlic and salt together to form a paste. Stir in the olive oil, sage, and mustard.
5.) Put the pork on a roasting rack that fits in your roasting pan, skin side up. Put in the oven and roast, uncovered for about 3 to 4 hours. The meat will be fork tender and your thermometer should read 180 degrees. If the crust starts getting too brown at any point, lightly lay a piece of foil over the roast to stop its browning.
6.) Let the roast rest 10 to 20 minutes before slicing it.
7.) Everyone loved this, enjoy!
- Macadamia & Parsley Crumbed Rack of Lamb
- Savory Sweet Roast